SUPERDRUG LAUNCHES NEW MILLENNIUM BEAUTY REPORT
– A celebration of 20 years of high street beauty –
Superdrug celebrates the end of the 2010s with the launch of its New Millennium Beauty Report looking at how the industry has changed over the last two decades.
Inviting comment and reflection from beauty experts the report includes a feature written by Sali Hughes of The Guardian looking at the evolution of the industry.
Jane Cunningham, of British Beauty Blogger, looks back at the change she’s seen in the beauty media, while @VeganBeautyGirl writes about how veganism has grown to become more mainstream.
Anonymous influencer @EsteeLaundry reflects on how social media has given everyone a voice in the beauty industry, while YouTuber Chanel Ambrose looks back on her journey as a woman of colour making her way in beauty.
Jamie Archer, Superdrug head of own brand comments, “We have seen such change in the beauty world in the last twenty years so it felt the right time to look back and remind ourselves of how products, the industry and the wider world has changed.
“It’s incredible to think that at the turn of the millennium so many things we take for granted didn’t exist or were in their infancy, Google, Youtube, sheet masks, high street nail bars and more!
“As this decade draws to a close we’re delighted to look ahead to the next stage on our Superdrug journey.”
The report looks at the products women used in 2000 which have fallen out of favour with their original users but have seen resurgence after being adopted by those born after 200- hair mousse and scrunchies to name but two.
Also highlighted are the best sellers through the country showing what products sell the most in Superdrug across the country.
The full report can be viewed here.
Notes to Editors
Customers can locate their local store by calling customer services on 0345 671 0709
Superdrug offers everyday accessible beauty and health on the UK high street with around 800 stores in the UK and Ireland
About A.S. Watson Group
- Established in Hong Kong in 1841, A.S. Watson Group is the world’s largest international health and beauty retailer with over 14,300 stores in 24 markets. Each year, over four billion customers and members shop with our 12 retail brands, both in stores and online.
- In Hong Kong, we operate more than 600 stores under four retail brands – Watsons, PARKnSHOP, FORTRESS, and Watson’s Wine. In addition, we manufacture and distribute high quality drinking water brand Watsons Water, as well as the famous juice drinks Mr Juicy and Sunkist.
- For the fiscal year 2017, A.S. Watson Group recorded revenue of HKD156.2 billion. We have over 140,000 employees worldwide, including 12,900 in Hong Kong.
- S. Watson Group is also a member of the world-renowned multinational conglomerate CK Hutchison Holdings Limited, which has five core businesses ‐ ports and related services, retail, infrastructure, energy and telecommunications in over 50 countries.
- aswatson.com for more in-depth information about A.S.Watson Group and its brands. You may also stay in touch with us via our digital presence (eCommerce, social media, mobile app & more); more details are at http://www.aswatson.com/our-customers/digitalasw/
Please visit www.aswatson.com for more in-depth information about A.S. Watson Group and its brands.